Minutes 2019

9th December 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Heather Mallinder, David Pipe, Antoni Pogozelski,
Martin Spatcher, Reg Wickings
Apologies: Saeed Kanuga, John Sissons

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.
KD thanked the Workday Volunteers for their work in clearing plot 57b as well as tidying the polytunnel.
KD also thanked Brendan Makin for creating the fine display of decorations in the clubhouse.
KD thanked Reg and the team for their hard work during two weekends for Rent day.
KD has consulted a colleague about the problem of providing communication with the proposed security cameras, given the extent of the site.
Fibre optic cable and utilising the existing conduit to carry the power cables is an option under consideration.
Given the recent incursions onto the site, means of recording unauthorised entry is becoming more necessary.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, 11th November 2019.
It was agreed the November minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.
There were no matters arising.
Notification of the Christmas lunch has been circulated to plotholders.

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
No. 1A/C £16,166.68
No. 2A/C £3093.36
Cash & Cheques £1976.13

5b. Shop account
£1670.48
Weed suppressant to be purchased.

6. Site Manager’s report
A heater has been donated to the site for the polytunnel.
There had been some issues with obtaining gas bottles, but these have been resolved.
The bottled gas is held in reserve for a cold snap.

7. Letting manager’s report
Plots available for letting.
33A, 45B, 57B, 68A, 89A
Vineyards  15B, 68B, 69B
The shed on plot 58a is available for purchase by the new plotholder.

8. Events
AGM:- 29th March 2020
Spring Open Day:- 17th May 2020

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.

AOB:
The need to boost take-up of vacant plots was discussed.
The option of using outside paid labour was discussed to make ready vacated plots,
once the prospective plot holder has agreed to rent it.
Replacements are to be purchased for the now non-functioning clubhouse heaters.

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.05


 

11th November 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, David Pipe, Antoni Pogozelski, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, Reg Wickings
Apologies: None
In Attendance: John Wetherell, Rita Wetherell

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.
KD thanked Reg Wickings for his hard work on the administration for the transition of the Association to a Company Limited by Guarantee. To be known as Kent House Leisure Gardens Limited.
KD also thanked those plotholders who had attended the EGM and RW for his clear explanation of what the transition involved.
KD explained that although there was material ready for the Bonfire Night fire the rain prevented the event taking place.
He thanked those who had helped move and burn the wood on Sunday morning.
This task had been made more difficult due to the large amount of material dumped in the wrong location, together material brought in from off site, that then had to be moved.
KD stated that in future any plotholders bringing in personal items from home or business for disposal, must assist in the preparation and management of the bonfire.
KD reported that the top gate padlock had been refurbished and the main gate lock would have the same attention.
Following the discovery of 2 youths on the site at 6.00 a.m. and both gates unlocked it was decided that in future the gates would have to be locked and not left open to allow keyless access.
KD suggested that Security Cameras were an option for the site and it was agreed that committee members would present their recommendations at the next meeting.
The workshop will now only be accessed with the presence of a Committee member.
KD proposed to the committee the need to discuss certain matters in private.
It was agreed that, from the date of this meeting plotholders In Attendance will be asked to leave the clubhouse after the discussion of AOB.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, 14th October 2019.
It was agreed the October minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.
There were no matters arising and no action points outstanding.

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
A/C 1 £19,118.71
A/C 2 Shop account £1083.68
The workings of the account were discussed and the account accepted.

5b. Shop Report
KD transferred £90.25 to the No. 2 Account bringing the total to £1803.68.

 6. Site Manager’s report
Sensitive plants, the newly acquired Lemon and Orange plants and the Cactus have been transferred to the polytunnel for frost/winter protection..
Site water will be turned off on the 13th November.
MS emphasized that whatever style plotholders have chosen for their plot(s) the plots must be 75% cultivated.
The workshop must be kept locked and is not available to plotholders unless under supervision by a committee member as clearing and tidying has not been maintained.
It must be kept tidy.
John Wetherell reported that the folding multi-purpose ladder is missing from the workshop.
Plotholders should speak to a committee member if they want the currently available topsoil.
7 Notices to quit have been sent out. One has been withdrawn.
Unless appealed these will be enforced on the 28th November.

 7. Letting managers’ report
  4 plots vacant
  Tour date to view the vacant plots to be decided.

8. Events
Christmas Buffet Sunday 15th December at 1.00p.m. Bring food,

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day will be 8th December.
Maintenance and covering of the vacant plots.

AOB:
New rules for the site will be supplied by BALGF.
Rents will be increased by 2%.
Rent demands will be sent out for 1st December (HM  to assist RW) 
and 8th December (SK  to assist RW) along with the new Tenancy agreement.
A Health & Safety inspection will be carried out. Date to be notified.

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.45

 


14th  October  2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, David Pipe,
Antoni Pogozelski, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, Reg Wickings

Apologies None
In Attendance: John Wetherell, Rita Wetherell

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.
KD thanked the volunteers for their hard work and the amount that they had achieved on the September Work Group/Volunteers’ day.
He announced that WiFi access is now active across the whole site.
He thanked RW for the the Open Day accounts.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, 9th September 2019.
It was agreed the September minutes were a true record.

3.Matters arising from the minutes.
Waste area. KD reported that he had had approaches from plotholders requesting that composting facilities should be made available.

Action Points
MS pointed out that plotholders should arrange to have composting facilities on their own sites.
The raised beds will be timber construction. SK said that they would be a £600.00 per bed using 15 sleepers per bed at £40.00 per 3600 x 120 x 240mm sleeper..
Site bank A/C will be set up when site status changes.
The Ezy Start Mowers and spares have been delivered to the site.
New harnesses for the strimmers/rotovators have been purchased.
Work on the chain-link fence has been completed by AP & JS.
Purchase of the Memorial Bench/Benches and Umbrellas has been postponed until the Spring.
Plot 53 to be maintained as is. Foxgloves have been moved to the front of the plot and currently, 3 volunteers are maintaining the plot. It was also discussed and agreed that Plot 53 to be called Anne Marie’s plot as opposed to Plot 53.

Action Points carried over
Waste area.
SK, as previously stated,-the waste area will be reopened when soil is removed away from the neighbouring walls and tree trunks and thereafter gated and fenced. Plot holders will be given access again when these work/s are completed.

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
No. 1A/C £16122.48
No. 2A/C £948.43

5b. Shop Report
KD presented the shop report as:
At the July Shop Handover from JW to KD the balance of the Shop account was £1579.53 included in this figure was £254.85 which was paid into the bank on the 5/8/2019.
Shop income since the handover in July is £133.20, the shop balance is now £1712.73

Machine Room report
JS is now in charge of machine room records.
In September £109.00 machine hire receipts was handed to KD by JS and paid by KD into the Shop Account on the 11/9/2019.
Although the shop keeper was responsible for keeping the machine room account the receipts were always handed over as cash to the treasurer and were not recorded in the Shop Accounts.
This amount will be transferred to the 2 Account and is not included in the shop balance reported above.

 6. Site Manager’s report
The October plot inspections were carried out on the 10th of October.
The committee took a unanimous decision to issue Notices to Quit with this batch of plot notices, to plot holders who had a number previous notices for mandatory items listed as 1 to 4 in the table printed in the plot notice and who had done little or no work on those items.
The Notice period is 28 days.
It may be that any work carried out during this period could lead to the Notices not being enforced or suspended, but remaining in force pending further work.
In the event of a dispute the plot holder concerned should appeal initially to the Management Committee.

Ref:- (See Item 1. m)
https://www.khlga.com/handbook/ 

 7. Letting Manager’s report
37 on waiting list
3 plots vacant
Next Letting Day to be decided?

8. Events
EGM 11.00 20th October in Clubhouse
Firework Night 2nd November

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day will be 10th November.
Various jobs including Polytunnel clearance/tidy/repair.

AOB:
Site to adopt CLG model as recommended by BALGF and the Committee has unanimously agreed to go along the CLG route.
Simpler and less proscriptive than the Cooperative model, for which FSA requires detailed accounting.
There will either be 4 Directors or all Committee members will be Directors.
Thackray Williams branch office to be used as the Registered Address

JW was asked by KD if he had anything to say. JW queried the Treasurer’s printed report in that it was not he who gave the £133.00 to the Treasurer in September. His last involvement with the committee was at the  end of August.
RW will look into that entry and correct it.

MEETING CLOSED AT 22.05

 


 

9th September 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, David Pipe, Antoni Pogozelski, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher

Apologies Reg Wickings

In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

 

  1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.

KD praised the social success of the Open Day. The music was extremely successful and enjoyable, as was the ‘Kid’s’ tent. KD emphasised the need for a co-ordinator for the day as a point of contact when queries arise. 
He proposed that at future events whoever organises a ‘pitch’ should also co-opt helpers.
He praised members who had jumped in on the day to help where stalls were short staffed.
KD expressed his full appreciation for everyone involved in making the day such a success.

 

  1. Minutes of the previous meeting, 12th August 2019.

It was agreed the August minutes were a true record.

 

  1. Matters arising from the minutes.

SK, DP and RW attended the BALGF meeting on 2nd September.  SK outlined the main proposals made by BALGF and explained the requirements for each Bromley allotment site to become a Company Limited by Guarantee.

Following discussion, the Committee voted and unanimously agreed to the proposal for the KHLGA to become a Company Limited by Guarantee and to arrange an EGM in order to present this decision to the plotholders. Additional documents relating to Registration and Leases are to be forwarded to the Committee.

 Action Points carried over

Waste area. In response to queries about the waste area MS pointed out that there is no general requirement for sites to make this provision.

SK – The waste area will be reopened when soil is removed away from the neighbouring walls and tree trunks and thereafter gated and fenced. Plot holders will be given access again when these work/s are completed.
The gate is to ensure plot that holders only dispose of soft green waste,  not soil, branches and general rubbish. In future, access will only be given by a member of the committee. In the meantime and into the future, all plot holders are encouraged to compost their waste on their own plots as much as possible and take any other waste/rubbish off site

Raised beds. Further decisions on style of the raised beds to be made
RW will continue to investigate further options for changing the Site bank branch.

SK to arrange delivery of new Easy Start Mowers to be purchased from Lings Motorgroup.
Spare for existing mowers to be purchased.
Redundant mowers to be offered to plotholders.
Chain link repair will be made by JS and AP.
Memorial bench to be chosen..
Southhampton Row notice board  to be reinstated as pinboard.
Machine room to be reorganised for easier access.
Memorial bench to be purchased.
Benches and umbrellas to be purchased for picnic area.
Plot 53 to be maintained as is.Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report N/A

5b. Shop Report

Income from shop and machine hire to be combined.
Currently £1579.00 in account.

 

6. Site Manager’s report

9 Plot Notices issued
2, 18, 16, 17B, 45a2 (2-6), 65B,62 B2,88
Recipients’ plots to be re-examined.
Further inspection to take place in October.
59a/33A to swop

7. Letting managers’ report

33 on waiting list
3 plots vacant

Events

EGM see AOB 

Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day 13th October.

Pallets to be moved to extend raised beds.
Paths to be cut.
Derelict greenhouse remnants to be removed.
Tuesday group day is every Tuesday.

Note:-
Main path has been seeded.
Grass cut

 

AOB

EGM to be arranged in October to discuss/inform re KHLG transition to a Company Limited by Guarantee. (CLG)

 

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.40

 

 


 

12th August 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder,  David Pipe, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell,  Reg Wickings

Apologies Antoni Pogozelski,

In Attendance: John Wetherell & Rita Wetherell

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.
KD welcomed back Committee Member Saeed Kanuga and wished him well with his ongoing recovery.
KD reported an excellent turnout of plotholders and congratulated them on the amount of work done on the Work Day, in particular in respect of what was achieved on plot 89A.
KD thanked John Wetherell, who has resigned from the committee, for all his work while on the committee. In particular his efficient running of the shop, organising fuel for the machines, machine hire, supervising the delivery of wood-chip and manure, and the many other tasks he has undertaken ad hoc. He will be missed.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, July 8th 2019.
It was agreed the July minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.
Memorial bench. The comittee had been circulated with a number of options for the memorial bench. A selection will be made from the most popular.
A Picnic bench has been purchased to stand on the shop forecourt.
It was agreed to purchase 2 more long benches, 3 sun umbrellas and 2 bases.
KD reported that a representative from idverde has met with KD and RW to explain its role as an advice centre for allotments in Bromley. Balgaf will continue to act as an arbitrator for the sites.
KD reported that the 4G router for the site wi-fi has been obtained and will be in use on the site in one week.
Action Points carried over
Raised beds. Further decisions on location and style of the raised beds to be made
RW will continue to investigate further options for changing the Site bank branch.
SK to arrange purchase of new Easy Start Mowers.
Spare for existing mowers to be purchased
SK Chain link repair will be made in  approximately 3weeks.
Memorial bench to be chosen.
Main path has been filled
Grass cut

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
A/C Balances
1.Account       £16477.28
2 Account       £1775.65
Shop               £1579.53
Cash                 £244.27
Cheques              Nil
Total              £20076.73

5b. Shop Report 8th July 2019
Bank  balance  at 7th June 2019                       £1268.38          

Add July 5th to July-31st   cash  sales                 £254.85
Less July cash  purchases                                       Nil
Add Polytunnel supplies payment                         £56.30
Bank balance  12th August 2019                         £1579.33
As at 31st July 2019 total year’s cash  ales        £2225.75
Total  year’s  cash  purchases                               £825.46
Total  banked  this  year                                       £1401.29
Also to note :-
Stock payments by transfer to Horticultural Supplies       £1478.24
Supplies from shop stock for site use £80.00
Machine  use  account July  2019              
Cash in hand       8th July                                         £98.98
Add  income      14th July                                         £27.00
Add  income      31st July                                         £21.00
Less NGK Spares 10th June                                   £13.50
Paid to Treasurer  12th August                              £133.48

6. Site Manager’s report
Wooden flatbed repaired
14 Plot Notices issued
38B dips to be filled

7. Letting managers’ report
26 on waiting list
3 plots vacant

8. Events
Planning Meeting
18th August
September Open Day 8th September
EGM  22 nd September

Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day TBC
Pallets to be moved to extend raised beds
Paths to be cut
Derelict greenhouse remnants to be removed
Tuesday group day is every Tuesday.
Note:-
Main path has been filled
Grass cut
Vacant plot 89A made ready for letting
KD thanked the volunteers for their part in the above.

AOB
SK
gave a big thank you to all those who attended his plot whilst he had been absent, in particular Richard Mildenhall, Ben and Brendan and thanked anyone else that he may have missed…all the help is very much appreciated
SK reported that the chipper purchased last year is underpowered and jams,he suggested that it is sold and replaced with a more powerful model.
SK reported a complaint from a plot holder about their location adjacent to a compost heap.Various suggestions for amelioration were put forward
JS reported that there had been problem with strimmers not starting, possibly due to errors in mixing fuel. After discussion it was decided to provide pre-mixed fuel.
MS asked that a contact number for informing the apiary of a local swarm be placed at the main gate.
JW confirmed his resignation from the Committee and from management of the site shop with effect from the August meeting.

(ACTION POINT)
Chain Link – Carry over
Compost heap issue
Replace glass door on signboard
Choice of Memorial bench and purchase

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.55


 

 8th July 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair),Heather Mallinder, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell, Reg Wickings

Apologies Saeed Kanuga,

In Attendance: Rita Wetherell and Penny Sissons

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.

KD reported that our Committee Member Saeed has had his operation and is now out of hospital and that he hopes to be mobile in 6 to 7 weeks time.
KD wished him all the very best and a speedy recovery on behalf of all the KHLGA committee members.
Saeed’s son and Richard Mildenhall will be managing his plot.

 KD Reported that he and RW will be making arrangements to go together to the showroom in Lewisham to sign the agreement for the on-site Wi-Fi.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, June 10th 2019.
It was agreed the April minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.

Memorial bench. It was decided that DP would research for a company with a competitive price.

EGM. Due to the proposed date for the EGM, to appraise the members of the recommendation by the committee for the site to adopt the legal status of a Company Limited by Guarantee as advised by Bromley Council, being during the mid-summer period, the EGM will now take place in the Clubhouse on the 22nd September 2019.
Action Point. RW will prepare the paperwork for the EGM which will be distributed to all plotholders.

Green Waste Area. This area has now been cleared and, due to its constant misuse, it was decided that the area is no longer to be available for depositing plot holders’ green waste.
Action Point. Composting of appropriate waste must be carried out on the plotholder’s own plot until the Compost bays have been constructed in the Green Waste Area by the Committee. 
Please bear with us for the time being.
Facilities will be made available for receiving combustible and recyclable non-combustible items in the ‘Yard’.

Action Points carried over
Raised beds. Further decisions on location and style of the raised beds to be made
RW will investigate further options for changing the Site bank branch.
KD the wrong width plot to be measured. (Mr Djavidt’s Plot).
KD to arrange purchase of new Easy Start Mowers, 2 x Ezy 16, 1 x Ezy Power Drive 20

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
A/C Balances
1 Account       £17459.08
2 Account        £2338.47
Shop                 £1268.38
Cash                   £264.84
Cheques               £38.25
Total   £21369.02
5b. Shop Report 8th July 2019
Bank  balance  at 7th June 2019                        £1055.22
Add Interest 24th June   +£0.61                      =£1055.83
Add June 4th to June-31st cash sales                £250.05
Less June 4th to June-31st cash purchases        £37.50
Banked 5th July 2019    £212.55                    =£1190.47
As at 5th July 2019 total year’s cash sales      £1970.90
Total  year’s  cash  purchases                              £825.46
Total  banked  this  year                                     £1146.44

For info only:-supplies to polytunnel this year  £ 56. 30

Machine  use  June  2019              
June  10th                               £37.74   Cash  in  hand
Add  income      11th June     £35.00
Add  income      24th June     £39.00
Add  income        1st July      £36.00                                 £147.74
Less F.R.Jones  19th June    £12.76
Less  fuel           20th April    £16.00
Less  fuel             7th April     £20.00                                 -£48.76
Cash  in  hand     8th July      £98.98

6. Site Manager’s report.
Wooden flatbed to be repaired, 23 Plot Notices issued

7. Letting managers’ report Not available

8. Events.
September Open Day 8th September
EGM  22nd September

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day is on the Sunday14th July 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Pallets to be moved to extend raised beds
Paths to be cut
Derelict greenhouse remnants to be removed
Patio outside shop to be cleared
Tuesday group day is every Tuesday.

10. AOB.
KD read a letter from Pam Dowling expressing concern about the poor condition of the plots adjacent to the plot maintained for/by Drumbeat.
MS agreed and stated that it will be dealt with by the Work Group on 14th July.
JW Stated his decision to resign from the Committee and from management of the site shop, after the August meeting.
The Committee expressed their regret at John’s decision which KD accepted with reluctance.
 
ACTION POINT
Chain Link – Carry over
Replace glass door on signboard
Memorial bench purchase.
Enclosure of green waste area
 
MEETING CLOSED AT 21.25


10th June 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell,  Reg Wickings

In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.

KD thanked all the volunteers that had assisted with the preparations for and during the very successful open day on May 19th.  It was a well attended and thoroughly enjoyable day and although the clearing up went well it took a full 3 days to complete.

AP  Suggested that it would reduce the rush to complete the preparations on the day if the tents were erected on the previous Saturday, when there would be more opportunity for help to be available.
JW said that this increased the risk of open fronted tents being blown away.
AP and JS suggested that the risk would be minimised if the tents were fitted with fronts for the period prior to the open day.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, May 13th

SK announced that the Tractor/mower will be collected by Godfreys for Service and for them to deal with the belt drive issue on the 14th June.
RW
and KD to be available on site at 10 am (KHLGA) as there is a visitor, Jeff Barber from National Society of Allotments, on 11/06/2019.
JW noted that the cost for preparing the driveway for repair would be £180.00, per day.
This correction was applied and it was agreed that the May minutes were then a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.

Action point
Chain link to repair the perimeter fence adjacent to plot 74 has been purchased.
KD to forward link for the memorial bench.
MS proposed purchasing a replacement picnic table for the shop forecourt.
Agreed nem. con.
Raised beds. Discussion on the choice of materials and design. SK suggested sleepers as being more aesthetically pleasing than concrete and having beds in a range of heights. AP suggested that higher beds would be more suitable for wheelchair users. AP suggested that a shed/rest area could be added.
EGM. SK noted that no decision had been made for the date of a meeting re. the change of legal status for the site.
RW reiterated that BALGF continues to support the Company Limited by Guarantee option and reminded the committee that any change of status for the site increases the need for a Committee Secretary. A meeting will be arranged with plotholders to finalise the decision on the form of the new identity for the Association.
RW
will also investigate changing the bank branch.
Green waste area. Due to the continued misuse of this area SK proposed that it be enclosed and gated. This was agreed.
JW
to obtain cost of having the whole area turned over.
KD has received notification that plots 74A and B have been incorrectly labelled on the site plan.
MS will correct the map and RW will correct the database .
KD has also received a notification that a plot is the wrong width. The plot will be measured.

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
A/C Balances
1.Account       £17,493.17
2 Account         £2,633.73
Shop                 £1,055.22
Cash                    £251.53
Cheques           Nil
Total                £21,433.45

5b. Shop Report 10th June 2019
Bank balance  at   8h  May  2019                           £1,190.47
Add Interest 29/3/2019                                                     0.81
Less  H.S. Ltd  payment  by  transfer                        £410.11
                                                                                    = £781.17                   
Add  1/5  to  3/6   CASH  SALES                              £713.85
Less 1/5  to  3/6   CASH  PURCHASES                  £439.80               
Banked  7th June                        £274.05              =£1055.22       
As  at  3rd June  2019  total  year’s  cash  sales   £1720.85
Total  year’s  cash  purchases                                    £786.96
Total  banked  this  year                                              £933.89

For  info  only  :-   supplies  to  polytunnel  this  year   £ 56. 30

Machine  use  April  2019              
Cash  in  hand   30th  April    £88.74
Add  income  15th  May        £46.00
Add  income  26th  May        £42.00
Add  income  31st  May        £15.00                          £227.74
Less  fuel         17  May         £20.01
Less  fuel         27  May         £19.99                          – £40.00
                                                                                    = £187.74
Paid to Treasurer 9th June            – £150.00                                 
Cash in hand  10th June  2109                                    £ 37. 74

6. Site Manager’s report
Broken tap repaired, twice.
Toilet ball cock replaced.
Plot Notices issued
2, 4a, 4b, 6, 8a, 8b, 10b, 11a, 12a, 12b, 14a, 16, 17b, 18, 20b, 22, 23, 25b, 26a, 28a, 29b, 34b, 35b, 36b, 39, 40a, 42, 42a2, 44b, 45a2, 55b, 62b2, 64a, 67a, 69a, 85, 88.

7. Letting managers’ report
SK
vineyard now cleared, plots 69B, 57B, 89B available.

8. Events
September Open Day 8th September

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
JW thanked the volunteers who helped unload the manure.
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day is on the 14th July.
Rota required – KD to arrange.
Tuesday group day is every Tuesday.

10. AOB
3 Honda mowers to be purchased.
AP Explained use of surveillance cameras suitable for site security.
Consensus:- Install CCTV and signs to advise that CCTV is in use.
Add padlock for additional security for site office.
KD reminded committee of the on-site Wi-Fi to be made available for all.
KD Hampstead Row/Showground booked for Sunday, 30th June
       for a private function starting at 4.00 p.m.
RW Site to be visited by National Allotments Association representative 11th June.

(ACTION POINT)
Chain Link repair, (adjacent to plot 74), – carry over
Glass door on signboard to be replaced

Next committee meeting 8th July

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.58

 


 

13th May 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell, Reg Wickings

In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

1. Opening address by Korehan Dora.

KD thanked those present on Volunteers Day. Sophie Carrington, Ji, Freda, John and Rita Wetherell, Gerry Burgess, Saeed Kanuga, Nick Alexander
KD Stated that as plot holder John Griffiths needed further assistance in maintaining his plot, KD with assistance from MS,JW, HM and Rita Wetherell weeded, strimmed, dug and rotovated his main plot. Both his plots were then covered with weed suppressant material.
KD thanked those involved for their help.
KD reported that BALGF are going ahead with the process of setting up sites to trial the Company Limited by Guarantee option for the new site leases. KHLGA bankers are insisting on incorporation due to the changes in legislation.
KD explained that the site is to trial low cost Wi-Fi for the benefit of plotholders.

2. Minutes of the previous meeting, April 8th 2019.
It was agreed the April minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.
Driveway levelling
JW The cost for preparing the driveway for repair would be £180.00 per day.
DP Grids plus infill are an economical option compared to tarmac
SK Queried expense and complication to undertake. Cheaper and easier to use finer grade MOT and compactor.
AP queried suitability of this to conform to H&S requirements.
RW to obtain quotations from local contractors and to investigate availability of grants.

Action point
SK presented the site Health & Safety Report following the inspection of the site by SK and Richard Mildenhall on the 8th March 2019. A copy is available via the ‘Information for plotholders on the KHLGA website.

4. Secretary’s report N/A

5a. Treasurer’s Report
A/C Balances
1.Account       £13247.00
2 Account        £3268.24
Shop                 £1189.28
Cash                   £755.27
Cheques            £250.00
Total              £18709.79

5b. Shop Report 13th May 2019
Bank balance at 5th April 2019                           £1290.81
Less H.S. Ltd payment by transfer   £441. 25   £849.56
Add April 2019 cash sales                                     £524.25
Less April 2019 cash purchases                           £183.34
Banked 8th may 2019                        £340. 91 £1190.47
As at 30th April 2019 total year’s cash sales  £1007.00
Total year’s cash purchases                                 £347.16
Total banked this year                                          £659.84

For info only :- supplies to polytunnel this year £ 56.30

Machine use April 2019
Cash in hand                      1 April £41.93
Add income                     17 April £30.00
Add income                     23 April £27.00
Add income                     29 April £30.00   £128.93
Less fuel                          17 April £21.00
Less fuel                          29 April £19.19     -£40.19

 6. Site Manager’s report
NOTE: Only Committee Members can sign out machines.
Steel toe capped boots compulsory when using rotovators.
A new heavy duty flatbed has been purchased

7. Letting managers’ report SK reported that 4 plots are currently vacant. The top 4 applicants on the waiting list have been invited to view the plots on the 19th May and 25th May.

8.  Events
May Open Day
19th May
September Open Day 8th September

9.  Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day is on the 9th June.
Tuesday group day is every Tuesday.

10. AOB Decision, by majority vote, to purchase 3 EasyStart mowers and to offer the old mowers for sale.

(ACTION POINT)
Chain Link – Carry over
Replace glass door on signboard ?
Memorial bench purchase.
Enclose green waste area

MEETING CLOSED AT 22.25


8th April 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell, Reg Wickings
Apologies, John Sissons, Les Bateson
In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

Opening address by Korehan Dora.
The Chairman welcomed Antoni Pogozelski to the committee.
KD thanked RW for the papers presented for the members at the AGM and for the information relating to making a decision on the form of new lease for the site, as required for implementation by 2021. It was agreed that the information was well received and had given rise to lively discussion as to the form the lease might take.
KD noted that the site had benefited from projects undertaken in the past year and looked forward to achieving even more  in the next.
Les Bateson has decided to step down from the committee to make way for, as he put it, ‘younger enthusiasts’. Les, experienced and always enthusiastic, will be missed.
KD reported that a donation to the site had been received from Fred Ferebee.

Action Point: Combine with previous donation and augment to purchase circular bench for Hampstead Row.

  1. Minutes of the previous meeting, March 11th 2019
    It was agreed the March minutes were a true record.
  2. Matters arising from the minutes.

The meeting discussed the ongoing problems of the ruts and water on the driveway.
The cost the clearing the drive and implementing a longer term solution was discussed.

Action Point: JW and DP to obtain quotations for levelling and stabilising the driveway.

Code of Conduct
Note that plotholders are responsible for their guests.
Health & Safety booklet to be to be compiled.
Damaged fencing – replacement to be purchased.

  1. Secretary’s report
    N/A

5a Treasurer’s Report
1 Account £13347.17
2 Account         £3391.51
Shop                  £1289.92
Cash                    £771.81
Cheques              £250.00
Total                £19050.41

 5b Shop Report
BANK BALANCE AT          28/02/2019                                            £1111.66
ADD  CASH  SALES             MARCH 2019       £224.65
LESS CASH PURCHASES    MARCH 2019    – £45.50
BANKED                                 5 APRIL 2019       £179.15                   £1290.81

AS AT 31 MARCH 2019
TOTAL  YEAR’S CASH SALES                     £482.75
TOTAL YEAR’S CASH PURCHASES             £163.82
TOTAL BANKED THIS YEAR                        £318.93

For information only :- Supplied to polytunnel this year   £32.55

MACHINE USE MARCH 2019      
CASH IN HAND        28/03/2019                         £14.93
ADD INCOME           24/03/2019                         £26.00
ADD INCOME           31/03/2019                         £21.00                   £61.93
LESS FUEL                 01/04/2019                    £20.00                       £41.93
CASH IN HAND         01/04/2019                  £41.93 

  1. Site Manager’s report
    Inspections to 10th April issued 17 notices
    Plots 15a, 16, 18, 19, 36a, 45a2, 55b, 57a, 58a, 62b2, 63b, 72b, 79, 80, 81, 88.

Action point: 3 plotholders with extenuating circumstances to be contacted.
Action Point: The raised beds require side replacement

 7 Letting Manager’s report

SK reported that there are 23 applicants on the Waiting List.
3 plots have been taken this month, 4 are vacant.

  1. Events
    Open Day Planning Meeting
    11.00 a.m. 21st April – all welcome
    May Open Day 19th May
    September Open Day 8th September
  2. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
    The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
    Work Group days 14th April, 12th May
    Tuesday Group is every Tuesday
  1. Any other Business

Action point: Options for culvert

Action point: Arrange EGM for discussion on Lease when information received from BALGF
Action point: Chain Link – Carry over

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.05


 

11th March 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Les Bateson, David Pipe, John Sissons, 

Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell, Reg Wickings
Apologies Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder
In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

Opening address by Korehan Dora.

The Chairman announced that Nick Whiteley had resigned from the committee as he is not able to commit to the time required.  KD expressed his regret at this decision but thanked Nick for his contribution to the committee.

KD informed the committee that two members of the committee had missed 3 meetings since the last AGM.  Under the terms of the Constitution, members failing to attend 3 meetings are required to resign.  However, following the 2018 AGM, this rule was amended to allow the committee to have the discretion to allow or discount absence in extenuating circumstances.  KD explained reasons why the two members had missed meetings and asked the committee to consider these.  The committee voted unanimously for both members to be allowed to remain on the committee.

KD had received a message from a plotholder stating that he wished to register a complaint that the date of the AGM had been changed.  KD had written to the plot holder apologising and explaining that the original date advertised was Mother’s Day and it would be inappropriate to expect members to commit themselves to the AGM on that day.

KD also read out an email from the same plotholder asserting that, in giving Ben Mansoor (plotholder) a garden voucher, we had broken the rules set out at the 2018 AGM which states “No plotholder or committee member is allowed to earn money for doing work on the allotment site.”  KD stated that giving BM a small non-cash gift had been a unanimous decision of the committee, and it was not intended to be a payment for the work.  It was a token of gratitude and appreciation for the amazing job that BM had done voluntarily in organising and supervising the re-laying of the water pipes.  The committee felt that making a gesture of this kind is within their remit bearing in mind the cost to the association if additional outside contractors had been brought in.  However, in view of the comments from the plotholder, the committee members agreed to pay for the voucher themselves and the £50.00 cost would be repaid to the association.

7 plotholders gave their time on Workday this month. KD (also present) thanked Nick Alexander & Margaret Alexander 64B, Jo Black 82, Korehan Dora 39, Joao Soares 38, John Wetherell 86, Reg Wickings 36B

Repairs have been made to the driveway, with thanks to Brendan Makin and Mike Holder. KD thanked JS, JW and DP for their work in re-organising the workshop.

2.Minutes of the previous meeting, February 11th 2019
It was agreed the February minutes were a true record.

  1. Matters arising from the minutes.

Note that the Work Group/Volunteers’ Day is every 2nd Sunday of the month.
The Tuesday Group will continue to manage the Memorial Garden, the Orchard and the ‘Little Garden’
Note that ear defenders are required when using petrol powered equipment and that ear buds are not a suitable alternative.
An Extraordinary Committee Meeting was held to discuss the selection of formats available for the new site leases. Documentation for discussion at the AGM will be circulated to plotholders.

  1. Secretary’s report
    N/A

5a Treasurer’s Report

1.Account £12718.29
2 Account         £4299.97
Shop                  £1738.54
Cash                    £469.26
Cheques                    0.00
Total                £19225.12

 5b Shop Report
 BANK  BALANCE  AT          4/2/2019                                            £1669.76
ADD  CASH  SALES             FEB  2019          £163.10
LESS  CASH PURCHASES  FEB  2019          – £94.32
BANKED                          28  FEB  2019         = £68.78                    £1738.54
LESS   HORTICULTURAL  SUPPLIES
( paid  by  transfer )                                          –  £626. 88                  £1111.66
AS AT 28  FEBRUARY   
TOTAL  YEAR’S  CASH  SALES               £258.10
TOTAL  YEAR’S  CASH  PURCHASES    £118.
TOTAL  BANKED  THIS  YEAR                £139.78
SUPPLIED  TO  POLYTUNNEL  THIS  YEAR                                 £11.95
MACHINE USE FEB 2019      
CASH  IN  HAND      31/1/2019                         £4.93
ADD  INCOME           28/2/2019                      £10.00
NO  EXPENSES   
CASH  IN  HAND      28/2/2019                       £14.93 

 6. Site Manager’s report

Inspections to 11th March issued 21 notices
Plots 4A*, 12A, 14A, 17A, 25B, 18, 9B, 12B, 16, 23, 27B, 29B*, 32B, 42/43, 44B,
48B, 45a2, 56*, 55B, 62B2
3* Extenuating  circumstances, 14 Untidy/rubbish, 1 large conifer
MS presented the report following the site Health and Safety inspection.
Details are published on the site home page under ‘Recent Posts
 

7. Letting Manager’s report

In Saeed Kanuga’s absence KD presented SK’s notes to the Committee.
There are at present 48 on the Waiting List
7 plots are vacant.
Next Lettings day has been arranged for 24th March at 11.00 a.m.
7 invitations have been sent by email and text.
 

8.  Events
AGM
7th April
May Open Day 19th May
September Open Day 8th September

9.  Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day is on the 14th April.
Tuesday group day every is Tuesday.

10. Any other Business

RW suggested that a more permanent solution for surfacing the driveway be found.Various options were discussed for the driveway and parking area.
 (ACTION POINT)
Driveway
SK – possibly consider ordering additional aggregate as ongoing maintenance for the driveway.
(ACTION POINT)
Chain Link – Carry over
(ACTION POINT)
The code of conduct document will be emailed to all plotholders. 
Copies will be available at the AGM.

MEETING CLOSED AT 22.35

 


11th Febuary 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Les Bateson, Saeed Kanuga,
David Pipe, John Sissons,  John Wetherell, Nick Whiteley, Reg Wickings

Apologies Heather Mallinder, Martin Spatcher, 

In Attendance: Richard Mildenhall, Rita Wetherell

Opening address by Korehan Dora.

The Chairman thanked John Sissons, John Weatherall and David Pipe for working with Electrician to enable the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) on the site. Particularly as JS and JW were present throughout the very cold 8 hours it took to review all the electrical installations.

20 plotholders gave their time on Workday this month. KD (also present) thanked
Nick Alexander 64B, Mrs Alexander 64B, Jo Black 82, Mal Bride 14B, Gerry Burgess 74B,
Saeed Kanuga 31B, Ania Kilmowicz 71, Pete Kilmowicz 71, Tim Kipling 24B,
Korehan Dora 39, Ji Lamey 73, Richard Mildenhall 24A, Sarah Ogilvy 78B,
Chris Perrin 27B,  J. Soares 38, Ute Spittler 25A, Charlie Taylor 15B, Angus Watson 72A, John Wetherall 86, Reg Wickings 36B

KD thanked Ania & Pete Kilmowicz for preparing the meals for the volunteers.

KD reported that Ben Mansour had been presented with a Garden Voucher for his work and organisation for the replacement and extension of the site water installation along the main path.

In order to facilitate his access to tools etc. for the machinery repairs that he carries out, Ben now has permanent access to the workshop.

2.Minutes of the previous meeting, January 14th 2019
It was agreed the January minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.

Note that the Work Group/Volunteers’ Day is every 2nd Sunday of the month.
The Tuesday Group will continue to manage the Memorial Garden, the Orchard and the ‘Little Garden’

Safety guidelines for motorised equipment are held in the Machine Room.
Machine loan is subject to these guidelines having being agreed to by plotholders.
Note that ear defenders are required when using petrol powered equipment.

SK has prepared a code of conduct to be circulated to all plotholders.
SK reported that Bromley council had given the cost of reinstating the rubbish collection from the driveway as £1000 for bin or £500 for 2 plastics bags.
The former was rejected as inconvenient/overpriced and the latter as unlikely to survive intact prior to collection.

An Extraordinary Committee Meeting has been convened to discuss the selection of formats available for the new site leases on 25th February.

4. Secretary’s report
N/A

 6. Site Manager’s report
Not available

7. Letting Manager’s report
SK
reported that of the 10 prospective plot holders on the waiting list, 2 had responded. One accepted a plot and one did not turn up having left the area. (Leaving 46 applicants for plots on the waiting list)

Next letting day late February/Early March

In future, contacting prospective plot holders will be by email plus a text message.
The plot offers will require a response within 14 days
Non-responders’ will not be re-contacted, but their names held in a list for reference.

8. Events
AGM 7th April
May Open Day 19th May
September Open Day 8th September

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The Work Group day is on the SECOND Sunday every month.
The next Work Group day is on the 10th March.
Tuesday group day every is Tuesday.

10. Any other Business

SK Noted in relation to Item 7 that re-letting plots is exacerbated by plotholders leaving unacceptable amounts of debris behind when they vacate their plot(s).
Under section 16 of the Rules and Constitution of the Association plotholders have agree that they shall keep their plot in a neat and tidy condition and appearance and shall deposit no refuse on the allotments sites (with the exception of organic material reasonably required for cultivation).
RW Reminded the meeting that under section 4 of the Allotment Act 1950 the site has  the right the re-claim from a departing tenant, the cost of bringing the plot up to let-able standard, this right is included our tenancy agreement and depending on the circumstances, will in future be enforced.

(ACTION POINT)
SK
to order MOT (granular sub-base material) for repairs to the driveway
Topsoil will be ordered, used to fill voids in pathway where new water supply pipes have been installed, then seeded.

(ACTION POINT)
KD
to order Ear Buds for Plot Holders using site lawn mowers.

(ACTION POINT)
 Volunteers will be needed to assist in barrowing MOT to areas of the driveway needing filling.
Date to be advised
Path clearing and tidying/ bramble clearing/polytunnel to be undertaken February/March.

MEETING CLOSED AT 21.55


 

14th January 2019

Present: Korehan Dora (Chair), Les Bateson, Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder,
David Pipe, John Sissons, Martin Spatcher, John Wetherell, Nick Whiteley, Reg Wickings

In Attendance: Rita Wetherell

Opening address by Korehan Dora.

The Chairman wished everyone a Happy New Year and thanked all members of the Committee for their work on behalf of the Allotment and the Committee.

The Christmas Lunch had been a great success, but in spite of email and poster advertisment some plotholders were unaware of the event.

16 plotholders gave their time on workday this month.  KD (also present) thanked Saeed, John W, John S, Ania, Sophie C, Simon, Gerry, Francoise, Les B, Mike, Sarah, Tim, Chris, Reg and Richard.

In response to a question  KD reminded the committee that the charity donation to Drumbeat is deferred for the time being (request from Pam Dowling).

Because of his continued contribution to site maintenance it was agreed that Richard Mildenhall should continue to have access to the keys for the cage etc.

KD has arranged for the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) of the electrical equipment on the site. (Post meeting note: This will take place on Thursday 17/1/2019)

2.Minutes of the previous meeting, December 10th 2018

The omission of the apology for absence from the draft minutes by Les Bateson was corrected.
It was agreed the December minutes were a true record.

3. Matters arising from the minutes.

 The format of the Health and Safety Protocols documents was discussed. An additional document, following site inspections, listing items on plots  that require attention is to be made available to the committee.

NW Raised the issue of First Aid and it was accepted that, although there is First Aid material available in the clubhouse, plot holders would be advised to have an emergency kit of their own when working on the site.

Safety guidelines will be consolidated,  published and made visible on-site.
A code of conduct for all site users will be prepared and circulated.

SK has obtained quotations for work on the perimeter trees including the removal of ivy along the boundary.

The options for the future format of the site leases to be selected from those proposed  by BALGF were discussed. These proposals would be monitored by committee members attending the BALGF meetings. It was agreed that any decision would be predicated upon the results from options chosen for the BALGF trial sites.

It was agreed to convene an Extraordinary Committee Meeting when sufficient information on the options for the leases becomes available

4. Secretary’s report
N/A

 6. Site Manager’s report
See item 3

7. Letting Manager’s report
SK reported that 9 plots and 1 raised bed are currently vacant
(There are 47 applications for plots on the waiting list)
Next letting days :- 27th January, 3rd February

8. Events
May Open Day 19th May
September Open Day 15th September

9. Work Group/Volunteers’ day
The next Work Group day is on the 10th February.
Tuesday group (work day) every Tuesday.

10. Any other Business

(ACTION POINT)
SK
to order MOT (granular sub-base material) for repairs to the driveway
Topsoil will be ordered used to fill voids in pathway where new water supply pipes have been installed, then seeded.

(ACTION POINT)
 Volunteers are needed to assist in barrowing MOT to areas needing filling. 
Path clearing and tidying/ bramble clearing/polytunnel to be undertaken February/March.

 MEETING CLOSED AT 21.57