Minutes 2021

Kent House Leisure Garden Ltd Board Meeting
Held online: 10 th May 2021
DRAFT Minutes

Present: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Martin Spatcher, John Sissons, Saeed
Kanuga, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, Heather Mallinder.
Apologies:
None
1. Chairs Opening Remarks
KD welcomed Board members to the meeting. On behalf of the Board, he
wished to thank all the volunteers that helped with the Bonfire last month and
taking delivery of the stock for the shop. He congratulated MS for a very
successful plant sale and thanked all the volunteers that produced the plants.
KD particularly wanted to thank all those on site that help out regularly
without asking for any recognition, but without whose efforts the site would
be the poorer.
KD would like to remind the Members that had not as yet sent him their
Resume to please do so ASAP. He thanked those that had.
Letters / Communications
KD advised Members there had been no response to the letter sent to Sally
Abrihami. KD to chase.
RW advised MS and SK that the request to give up half of plot 9b has been
received in writing.
Cheryl Coyne has given up plot 18. The bike is to be removed and stored
elsewhere awaiting collection.
MS asked if the rule on dogs on site had been relaxed as Pam had advised him
that she was told that one plot holder had two dogs on a plot near the back
gate.
Agreed: The Board need to address this issue at once and ensure a sign is
displayed by the back gate advising plot holders no dogs are allowed. – HM

KD asked RW to order a permanent sign with the street number for the site by
the main gate as the temporary one is falling apart.
KD has been approached by plot holders complaining about the use of a plot to
store a two wheeled trailer.
Agreed: As the trailer is available for site work on open days it may be stored
in the compound.
KD advised that as this item has taken longer than first envisaged it should be
moved to the Secretary’s Report.
2. Minutes of Meeting 21 st April 2021.
The minutes were agreed as an accurate record of the meeting.
Matters Arising from previous minutes.
None.
Action Points outstanding.
a) Repair to the fence adjacent to plot 72.
Agreed: Ongoing, to be completed ASAP – SK.
b) Finishing the work to the clubhouse roof.
Still outstanding.
Agreed: KD to contact Don and remind him of his promise to complete in two
weeks. Also he needs to remove all of his equipment from the clubhouse ASAP.
c) External wiring between office/main gate and greenhouse.
Agreed: Electrician to attend site on Wednesday to assess the plans for
rewiring and check the date for the next PAC test. Also look at a new light in
the Machine Room. – JS
d) Gating of green waste area.
SK has ordered two gates. Due for delivery in 10 – 12 days.
Agreed: Ongoing – SK.

e) Installation of Wi-Fi mast.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD will sort out ASAP
f) Repair of Honda Mower
Agreed: JS to take a look at it prior to taking to the Honda service dept. -JS
g) Purchase of a Battery-Operated Mower
Agreed: HM to donate small mower to site to help assess what is required. –
HM
h) Setting a Provisional Date for AGM
Agreed: Sunday 12 th September 2021 – provisional
i) Setting a Provisional Date for Autumn Open Day
Agreed: Sunday 19 th September 2021 – provisional

3. Secretary’s Report
None. The role still remains vacant. If any plot holder would like to volunteer
for this post please contact the Chair KD.

4. Treasurer’s Report
Balance as of May 2021
No.1 A/C – £ 12,325.79
No.2 A/C – £ 888. 51
Savings A/C – £ 1,672.87
Cash & Cheques £ 171.25
Total £15,058.42

KHLG Ltd Rent Received Account
Bank Transfer – £3540.97
Cheques – £1039.41
Cash – £739.64
Total – £5320.02 2 Rents Unpaid

5. Shop Report
KD advised the Board that since the delivery of supplies on 28 th April he has
taken over £100 in sales and will now need to re-order. MS requested that he
re-order the square pots for the polytunnel. The price rise on some products
reflects the rise in the cost from Horticultural Supplies.
KD would like to remind Members that money from the sale of manure should
go into the tin in the office. Price £1.00 per barrow.
KD has personally opened the shop each Sunday but will now be drafting and
circulating a rota for the board. The shop is officially open each Sunday from
10.00 am – 1.00pm. Access at any other time will be at the Board members
discretion.
Agreed: KD to draft rota. HM to produce a sign for the shop advising plot
holders of the opening times. -HM
Safety Equipment (PPE) is available for sale in the shop to allow plot holders to
have their own set and prevent the spread of infection. No motorised
machinery will be hired out without the appropriate PPE. Hiring will only take
place on a Sunday. Machines hire at other times will be at the individual Board
members discretion.
Shop takings as of 10 th May 2021 – £2163.52
The shop needs more honey please. A request to the Beekeepers.

6. Site Manager’s Report
MS submitted a written report to the meeting.
A leak in the old pipe near plot 73 is suspected, as the surrounding area is
permanently wet. It will need to be dug out to find the cause, hopefully next
week.
Plant sales: MS hopes to start selling tender bedding plants next week and
tomatoes etc by the end of the month. Sales to date are around £300.
MS, JS & HM carried out a site inspection last Wednesday. The following plots
were uncultivated.
The same 10 as last month (2 are covered by bereavement and ill health). One
plot holder has given up half of the plot as unable to manage it all.
Additionally, plots 33b, 34b and 89a have been added.
It was also noted that several plots had uncut paths and long grass.
Infrastructure: Volunteers have removed and burnt the diseased box hedges. It
is hopped to it replace with a picket fence along the back of the car-park.
MS has sold one set of ear defenders; others use their own. We need to
remove the closed sign from the machine room and put up a sign advising plot
holders that they must have their own PPE before they can borrow machinery.
Agreed: HM to produce a sign.
JS and volunteers continue to mow the grassed areas and have been
maintaining the orchard and memorial garden on Tuesdays.
Environmental matters: Plants are sold in single use plastic square pots, which
are currently non-recyclable with no viable alternative. The last batch was
bought via the shop in 2017 @ £130 and has just run out. We are currently
using 2 nd hand round pots. MS proposes to purchase another batch which
should last for another 5 years. By which time it is hopped that the Local
Authority will have improved the recycling offer. ( A fair number are returned
to the polytunnel for re-use.)

For the foreseeable future we will have to use peat-free compost. MS is
unimpressed with any product he has tried. Stuart has given MS a sample of
‘Westland Compost’ which seems workable and he will set up a trial when less
busy.
Please note that Drum-Beat are back on site Wednesdays and Fridays. It is
hoped that plot holders make an effort to be friendly and make allowance.
‘Foxey’ was working on the poplar tree by the entrance on Monday which
restricted access at times. (In return we get wood chippings and logs for the
back of the car -park). They forgot to leave it this time. DP thought they might
have left the logs in the bee area.
Agreed: HM to chase Foxey
AP queried a notice. KD agreed to pass it over to him.
KD advised meeting that Liz Cranwell-Ward had offered to sell all surplice
plants through her shop. MS responded by explaining that he intended to
propose a ‘Family Day’ over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend where he was
hoping to increase the plant sales. Need to give plot holders notice of this
event.

7. Lettings Manager’s Report
SK reported there are 60 people on the waiting list for a plot with 4.5 plots
currently vacant. He will arrange a viewing for 5 prospective plot holders on
the weekend coming up.
Agreed: SK to contact applicants for a viewing.

8. Health & Safety Issues.
As the restrictions around Covid -19 are relaxed it is vital to remember that it
is around in variant forms. The rule of HAND (regular washing for 20 seconds)
FACE (masks must be worn inside) SPACE (2 metres apart inside and at least 1
metre outside) still applies at present. Thank you for your co-operation.

9. A.O.B
RW – will be chasing the two outstanding rents due this week. One of the plot
holders is currently unwell.
HM – reported a case of petty larceny as the connecter from her green house
guttering to the down pipe in the water but has mysteriously disappeared.
Agreed: Members will keep an eye open for it.
SK – was unhappy about the number of Members on site during the week. He
feels it is the same people all the time.
Agreed: The time has come to recruit more Members to the Board. KD / HM to
look at a recruiting / interviewing process for suitable plot holders.
KD – will produce and circulate a rota for Sunday shop duty. May be worth
creating a separate rota for Sunday machine hire.
AP – is available for Sunday duties.
DP – feels that plot holders are well served by this Board as the facilities
available and services they receive are unrivalled by any other site in the area.
SK – agreed, but would still like to see more members on site regularly.

Meeting Closed at 21.46

Kent House Leisure Garden Ltd Board Meeting
Held online: 21 st April 2021

Present: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Martin Spatcher, John Sissons, Saeed
Kanuga, Antoni Pogozelski, David Pipe, Heather Mallinder.
Apologies:
None
1. Chairs Opening Remarks
KD welcomed Board members to the meeting and apologised for the technical
glitch that arose last week causing the scheduled meeting to be cancelled. On
behalf of the Board he wised to thank all of the volunteers who were present
on Tuesday and Saturday to help with the site work, especially those unsung
heroes who quietly contribute to the maintenance of the site on a regular
basis.
2. Minutes of Meeting 8 th March 2021.
The minutes were agreed as an accurate record of the meeting.
Matters Arising from previous minutes.
None.
Action Points outstanding.
a) Repair to the fence adjacent to plot 72.
Agreed: Ongoing, to be completed ASAP – SK. HM /SK to speak the Angus and
Ji to find out where the rubbish left on the verge came from.
b) Finishing the work to the clubhouse roof.
KD updated the meeting on the slow progress being made. Don has promised
to finish in the next two weeks but will need some help with the guttering and
down pipe.
Agreed: SK to contact Don and arrange a time to assist.
c) External wiring between office/main gate and greenhouse.

Agreed: Ongoing for too long -JS to contact the electrician and if he is still not
available another needs to be appointed.
d) Gating of green waste area.
SK to order the fencing and make a start with KD’s help at the weekend.
Agreed: Ongoing – SK.
e) Installation of Wi-Fi mast.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD / Ben need to arrange a suitable time.
f) Replacement of upstands over the winter months.
MS reported the work has been completed.
g) Repair to tap plot 74/58b with additional tap for the Chicken plot.
MS reported the work has been completed.
h) Removal of rubbish from the cage.
Agreed: Fencing to be repaired, gate secured with a padlock and KD to order a
skip to clear away accumulating rubbish.
i) KHLG Ltd tax status.
RW found the advice from Ian Wood very helpful. HM thanked Ian on behalf
of the Board.
j) Overhaul of lawnmowers.
JS has found that No.10 mower is not working properly and needs to be seen
by a Honda Service Dept. SK has spoken to Honda in Seven Oaks. They will look
at it and it might be covered under the guarantee.
JS has repaired No.12 which is now working properly.
Agreed: SK to pass details to KD. KD to make an appointment and take to
service dept. with MS and JS.
k) Repair to main Drive

SK advised that the job has been completed. The Board wished to thank all the
volunteers that took part in the operation and did all the heavy lifting.
l) Enquiries to web page without response.
Agreed: KD /RW to regularly interrogate the emails until a solution can be
found to elicit a prompt from the system.
3. Secretary’s Report
None. The role still remains vacant.
4. Treasurer’s Report
Balance as of April 2021
No.1 A/C – £ 12,725.83
No.2 A/C – £ 1,156.89
Savings A/C – £ 1,672.87
Cash & Cheques £ 227.84
Total £15,783.43
KHLG Ltd Rent Received Account
Bank Transfer – £3175.08
Cheques – £981.89
Cash – £636.20
Total – £4796.17
14 Rents Unpaid.

5. Shop Report
KD advised the Board that a large order of supplies will be arriving on
Wednesday 28 th April at 11.00 – 11.30 am. He requested all Board members to
be present to unload please.

After the 28th the shop will open on each Sunday from 10.00 am – 1.00pm as
usual. Access at any other time will be at the Board members discretion.
10 sets of Safety Equipment (PPE) to be purchased for the shop to sell to allow
plot holders to have their own set and prevent the spread of infection. No
motorised machinery will be hired out without the appropriate PPE. Hiring will
only take place on a Sunday. Machines hire at other times will be at the
individual Board members discretion.
Agreed: A shop rota to be set for the rest of the year.
Shop takings as of 11 April 2021 – £1678.52
The shop has sold 29 jars of honey. £203 has been passed to Linda Pipe for the
Beekeepers.
6. Site Manager’s Report
MS advised that Drumbeat will be returning to the site on Wednesday.
MS submitted a written report to the Board. The raised bed needs filling. Two
new taps have been fitted and the water has been turned on. Plant sales have
begun with cabbages, leeks and herbs. The money should be put in the office
letterbox with a note of what has been purchased.
JS, HM and MS carried out a site inspection on Wednesday 7 th April and MS
was pleasantly surprised by the general condition for the time of year. The
following plots remained uncultivated.
Plot 2, 18, 9b 11b1, 16/17, 47b, 26a, 62b2, 76a, 88, 79.
Agreed: RW to contact these plot holders.
There is an interesting article on dead hedges in the 2021 NAS magazine (p63).
The idea is to lay woody pruning’s between pairs of stakes and compressed. As
the material breaks down it can be added to. MS wishes to adopt the idea and
construct in spare corners to avoid the need for bonfires.
JS and volunteers have been mowing the grass paths. A group of regular
volunteers have been mowing and maintaining the orchard and memorial
garden on Tuesdays. It is hoped to move the citrus trees this week, prior to
repotting.

The list of ad-hoc jobs on the notice board has been removed as it has become
an eye sore and only one job was achieved.
7. Lettings Manager’s Report
SK reported there are currently 3 vacant plots 14a, 65 and 91b. 58 are
currently on the waiting list. The top 3 people are not ready to take a plot.
There needs to be better communication between board members as although
some knew that Mr & Mrs Best had vacated their plot SK did not. HM thought
RW had copied the Board into the email from them.
Agreed: HM to add an agenda item to Chairs opening address for
Correspondence / Communication
All notice of relinquished plots must be in writing. An email will suffice.
8. Health & Safety Issues.
As the restrictions around Covid -19 are gradually relaxed it is vital to
remember that it is still around in variant form. The rule of HAND (regular
washing for 20 seconds) – FACE (masks must be worn inside) – SPACE (2
metres apart inside and at least 1 metre outside still applies. Thank you for
your diligence.
9. A.O.B
JS suggested reinstating the process of recording the names of volunteers
when contributing to site work.
Agreed: All
MS will be organising a bonfire Tuesday 27 th April as wood is beginning to build
up again.
Agreed: All
KD would like all Board members to submit a short Resume of the role that
they play that is key to the running of the site. He suggests that training may
be appropriate in some cases. This is to ensure we share out the duties of the
Secretary while the position remains vacant
Agreed: All

KD is concerned by the amount of rubbish being brought onto the site and left
on plots when they become vacant. There was an example of a new plot
holder wanting to clear the plot and put the rubbish in the pound. He wants
this curtailed ASAP through Plot Inspections highlighting any plot with an
abundance of accumulated rubbish and the plot holder written to and asked to
remove it.
Action : MS, HM, JS, RW
KD has received an Email from a plot holder who can no longer manage the
whole plot and wishes to share.
Action: KD, SK to discuss.
KD as the children will be on site from next week all cleaning fluids to be
removed from the lavatories.
Action: Already achieved.
SK Suggested buying a battery operated mower for plot holders unable to use
the petrol powered machines.
Agreed: All
PG Asked that a Date for the AGM be set as soon as the Covid restrictions
allow. He also asked for a provisional date for the Autumn Open Day.
Agreed: To be discussed as soon as there are clear guidelines on easing the
Covid restrictions.
DP Has an abundance of scaffolding poles, an Arc Welder and a bench clamp
he is happy to donate to the site.
Agreed: Yes please.

Meeting Closed at 21.47

Kent House Leisure Garden Ltd Board Meeting
Held online: 8 th March 2021

Present: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Martin Spatcher, John Sissons, Saeed
Kanuga, Antoni Pogozelski, Heather Mallinder.
Apologies: David Pipe

1. Chairs Opening Remarks
KD welcomed Board members to the meeting and thanked HM for the agenda
and minutes. He thanked SK for laying the slabbed path by the raised bed and
commented on the high quality of the work. Thanks were also given to Ben for
bringing the slabs single handed to the site.

2. Minutes of Meeting 8 th February 2021.
The minutes were agreed as an accurate record of the meeting.
Matters Arising from previous minutes.
None.
Action Points outstanding.
a) Repair to the fence adjacent to plot 72.
Agreed: Ongoing, to be completed when weather improves. – SK
b) Finishing the work to the clubhouse roof.
KD updated the meeting on progress advising members that he had purchased
the roofing sheet and had it delivered to Don’s workshop. He is waiting for an
update from Don on progress. MS has spoken to Don and agreed to help when
he needs it.
Agreed: KD to continue to monitor and advise Don to text KD or SK when
needed.

c) External wiring between office/main gate and greenhouse.
JS advised the meeting that the electrician who is currently isolating is still
awaiting the vaccination. He will attend site once he is able.
Agreed: Ongoing -JS.
d) Gating of green waste area.
SK hopes to make a start as soon as the weather improves.
Agreed: Ongoing – SK.
e) Installation of Wi-Fi mast.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD / Ben
f) Replacement of upstands over the winter months.
MS reported that there is one more to complete by plot 73.
Agreed: Ongoing – MS
g) Repair to tap plot 74/58b with additional tap for the Chicken plot.
MS reported that volunteers have dug a slip trench and is now waiting for a
spare day to lay the pipe.
Agreed: Ongoing
h) Removal of rubbish from the cage to the tip.
There is some glass left leaning on the brown shed. RW has written to the plot
holder.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD / HM
i) KHLG Ltd tax status.
Ian Wood has been advising RW on the various steps needed to be a position
to register with HMRC which RW has found very helpful. RW now in a position
to register as a micro entity for tax purposes.
Agreed: HM to convey thanks from the board to Ian.

j) Site shop stock taking.
MS and HM completed stock taking. The document has been left in the office
for KD.
Agreed: KD to include in 2020 balance sheet.
k) Images posted on KHLG website.
KD has created a gallery of Board members from photos he found.
Agreed: SK to forward a new photo.
l) Fixing new lavatory seat in the Gents.
KD has put graphite powder and WD40 in the front gate lock which has made it
far easier to operate. MS will fit new seat in the Gents after Pam has cleaned
the block.
m) Overhaul of lawnmowers.
JS has found that one of the new mowers is not working properly.
Agreed: SK to contact Links Motors who supplied the mowers as it is believed
they are still under guarantee. Purchased on 3 September 2019 but not
serviced due to Covid Lockdown.
n) Repair to Main Drive
SK will order the MOT when he has a firm commitment from 3 /4 volunteers to
help move from the top of the drive when it is delivered.
Agreed: KD to organise volunteers and let SK know when to order MOT.
o) Enquiries to web page without response.
KD advised members that he thought the information would be going directly
to RW although RW is not receiving them.
Agreed: KD to load a new contact page and update page information to
develop the website. He is experiencing a clash with Word Press and
Elementor which he needs to test.

3. Secretary’s Report
None. The role still remains vacant.
4. Treasurer’s Report
Balance as of 7 th March 2021
No.1 A/C – £ 12,460.18
No.2 A/C – £ 1,406.62
Savings A/C – £ 1,672.83
Cash & Cheques £351.25 Total 15,890.88
KHLG Ltd Rent Received Account – £ 1,970.34
Cheques – £673.59
Cash – £249.90
Total – £2893.83
81 Rents Paid
57 Rents Unpaid.

5. Shop Report
KD told members that the I.O.U system is not working as there is over £60
outstanding of unpaid debt, while others had paid but it hadn’t been ticked off.
Agreed: To stop all credit immediately. 6 Agreed / 1 abstention.
MS reported that there was £21 worth of products for 2021 taken from the
shop for the polytunnel. RW to repay from the main account.
Shop takings as of 5 th March 2021 -£41.40
Cash in Hand – £90.00
Total Income- £1370.50

10 Jars of Honey left for sale. Total honey sold from shop was 29.

6. Site Manager’s Report
MS submitted a written report to the Board advising that SK had cut and laid
the slabs for the path by the raised bed and side of the polytunnel. Ben had
supplied and delivered the slabs. The raised bed will be repainted with
Cuprinol brown. Volunteers are still needed to fetch the soil from the green
waste area.
Rosemary has restored the herbaceous beds and vine in the Memorial Garden.
Volunteers have cut a slip trench for the new tap by the chicken plot. MS has
the pipes and fittings ready but is waiting for a spare day to lay the pipes.
Plant Sales
Peppers will soon be ready for pricking out. Emma has sown tomatoes in the
propagator in the new greenhouse. RW / SK/ HM have volunteered to grow
herbs. HM has sown a range of herbs in propagators in her conservatory but so
far only the tarragon and thyme have germinated.
There will not be a May Open Day this year plants will be sold as and when
they become ready. MS hopes to extend the selling period by growing more
perennials than usual. Ideas for regulation of plant sales would be welcome.

7. Lettings Manager’s Report
SK reported there are currently 4 vacant plots and 66a has been let via a virtual
viewing. The vacant plots left are 64a 65a 14a 52a. After a detailed discussion
it was agreed that 53a will become an extension of the grassed area. MS
suggested planting Meadow seeds.
There are currently 55 on the waiting list.
11 No Response have been removed.
18 remain to be contacted.

8. Health & Safety Issues.
SK reported that the stump from the apple tree has been dealt with.
The Board would like to remind plot holders that it is a matter of individual
responsibility to keep each other safe. As covered in the current issue of
‘Plotting Together’ if any plot holder noticed a safety issue it is incumbent
upon them to take the appropriate action or ask for help in doing so.
The current Government advice to reduce the incidence of this transmitting
Covid-19 is to behave ‘As If’ you are Covid-19 positive and follow the rules of
HAND – FACE – SPACE. Thank you.
9. A.O.B
Gents Lavatory.
Agreed: KD still needs to buy the grouting cleaner.
HM Suggested that now KHLG Ltd has a formal board some training might help.
KD suggested combining it with an away day culminating in celebration.
Agreed: All
MS requested setting up a ban on all but Black or Green netting as the vibrant
colours being introduced onto plots must be an eyesore for people living in the
surrounding flats. There is also a gradual creep of double glazing and widows
being brought onto the site as well a some ugly Virgin Money boards being
used as wind breakers. All agreed.
Agreed: As a ban would be difficult to enforce SK has offered to have a ‘quiet
word’ with the offenders.
MS suggested that members begin to lend out machinery again after
purchasing safety equipment available for purchase from the Board as
communal use of equipment cannot guarantee control of the Covid virus. The
machinery will be wiped down by Board members between hiring’s.

Agreed: KD to investigate the advice given by the National Allotment
Association. Once hiring begins the onus will be on the individual plot holder to
produce their own equipment as machines will not be issued without it.
KD advised the meeting that JW had asked for the roofing sheet by the winery.
Agreed: Sorry no there is a use identified for it on site.
KD advised that Peri had asked to purchase the electric organ in the clubroom.
Agreed: Will sell for £20 as long as she takes both organ and stand.
RW advised he has received no response to plot condition letters he sent out.
RW has received a complaint from a plot holder over 60yrs old that they are
not getting the agreed discount. RW has credited them this years rent in
compensation as it is 50% reduction of rent over 60. Plot holders are advised
to claim if they fall into this category.

Meeting Closed at 9.36 pm

———————————————————————————————————-

Kent House Leisure Garden Ltd Board Meeting
Held online: 8th February 2021

Present: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Martin Spatcher, John Sissons, David Pipe, Saeed Kanuga, Heather Mallinder.
Apologies: Antoni Pogozelski

1. Chairs Opening Remarks

KD welcomed those present and advised the meeting that AP was unable to attend due to a pressing matter and had given his apologies. He thanked HM for the minutes and agenda. He also thanked RW for the draft letter Re: the poor condition of several plots and the pilot virtual lettings exercise he had successfully concluded.

2. Minutes of Meeting 11th January 2021.
3. The minutes were agreed as an accurate record of the meeting.

Matters Arising from previous minutes.
None.

Action Points outstanding.
a) Repair to the fence adjacent to plot 72.
Agreed: Ongoing, to be completed when weather improves. – SK

1. b) Finishing the work to the clubhouse roof.
KD updated the meeting on progress. Don has contacted KD and advised that he will be on site at the weekend and finish if weather permits, otherwise he will work inside on the fire door trim and paintwork.
Agreed: KD to monitor.

1. c) External wiring between office/main gate and greenhouse.
2. JS advised the meeting that the electrician who is currently isolating is still awaiting the vaccination. He will attend site once he is able.
3. Agreed: Ongoing -JS.

1. d) Gating of green waste area.
SK hopes to make a start as soon as the weather improves.
Agreed: Ongoing – SK.

1. e) Installation of Wi-Fi mast.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD / Ben

1. f)  Purchase of engine hoist.
Agreed: JS has purchased and is waiting for reimbursement -RW

1. g) Replacement of upstands over the winter months.
MS reported that Ben has made a start, with two more to be completed.
Agreed: Ongoing – MS

1. h) Repair to tap plot 74/58b with additional tap for the Chicken plot.
Agreed: MS reported that work will begin when the weather allows.

1.i) Removal of rubbish from the cage to the tip.
Agreed: Ongoing- KD / HM

1. j) KHLG Ltd tax status.
Agreed: Ongoing. Ian Wood has kindly agreed to advise the Board on the steps needed to complete this item. – RW

1. k)  Site shop stock taking.
Agreed: Ongoing. KD to send file to MS & HM for a Covid-19  safe stock take when the weather improves.

1.l) Letters to plot holders with persistently unkept plots.
Agreed: Draft letter agreed. RW to send out with the rent demands.

1. m) Enquiry from LB Bromley.
Agreed: KD has responded as agreed.

1. n) Posting draft minutes KHLG website.
Agreed: KD has uploaded the minutes but is disappointed to see how few plot holders have read them. HM advised that the minutes are now displayed on the notice board outside the office.
1. o) Images posted on KHLG website.
Agreed: KD has created a gallery of images to show projects including the new greenhouse and raised beds using word press. Thanks to MS for spotting the Latin script. Will be creating a gallery of Board members to allow plot holders to identify them. Photos to KD please.

1. p) Enquiries to web page without response.
Agreed:  KD to revamp the contact form and enquiry area and add a reminder prompt to trigger a response. -KD

3. Secretary’s Report
None. The role remains vacant.

4. Treasurer’s Report
RW advised the Board that the company will need to be activated from when lease was signed and he is working to create a KHLG micro entity for tax purposes. He will send Ian the information he has asked for ASAP.
Agreed – all

Balance as of 7th February 2021
No.1 A/C –      £   12,433.17
No.2 A/C –      £    1,583.28
Savings A/C –  £    1,672.83
Cash & Cheques   £261.25
Total                £ 15,950.53

5. Shop Report
KD told the Board that it was extremely difficult to access the shop as the site gate padlock had frozen as well as the lock on the shop. There is £41.40 cash in hand which will be banked. MS to provide details of the purchases for the polytunnel.
Shop takings as of 10th January 2021
£1329.1
Agreed: Stocktaking to be done as and when circumstances permit. MS / HM. KD to pass 2020 list to MS and HM for reference.

6. Site Manager’s Report
MS advised the Board that Ben had brought the last of the soil to the raised bed.
MS has prepared a list of jobs that can completed by one or two volunteers
unsupervised. It is displayed on the notice board outside the office. Any jobs
completed should be reported to MS. So far none have been done.

7. Lettings Manager’s Report
SK reported there are currently 6 vacant plots and 2 let. The vacant plots are
66a / 65a  /64a /68a /52a / 53 /14a, 15b / 78b have been let.
It is still SK’s intention to organise individual viewings that are covid-19 safe as soon as possible to get them let before they become overgrown. The use of virtual viewings is a step forward in technology.
RW will complete the letters to 26 people on the waiting list that have so far not responded to update letter. There were 41positive responses requesting to remain on the list. 9 are to be removed as no longer interested, with 26 who have not responded.

8. Health & Safety Issues.
KD reported that an apple tree on Hasan’s plot has been cut down and needs to be made safe. SK to attend.
The Board would like to remind plot holders that it is a matter of individual responsibility to keep each other safe. As covered in the current issue of ‘Plotting Together’ if any plot holder noticed a safety issue it is incumbent upon them to take the appropriate action or ask for help in doing so.
The current Government advice to reduce the incidence of this transmitting Covid-19 is to behave ‘As If’  you are Covid-19  positive and follow the rules of HAND – FACE – SPACE. Thank you.

9. A.O.B

MS Passed on a request from Pam to replace the lavatory seat in the gents, the grouting needs cleaning and a coat of paint needed.
Agreed: KD will buy the seat and grouting.

JS Will start repairing the wheels on the lawnmowers and checking them over. He will also buy petrol.
Agreed by all

KD received a complaint from the plot holders on the lower part of the site regarding the recent flooding of their plots. He queried whether the brook was blocked. MS advised that the land drains may be blocked.
Agreed: Need to look at ways of minimising the impact of heavy rain on the lower part of the site. – All

KD Raised the issue of flooding to the entrance of the site. He advised the Board that he would buy 3 bags of MOT and was looking for volunteers to help spread it over the driveway.
Agreed: All
The meeting closed at 9.33 p.m.

———————————————————————————————————-
Kent House Leisure Garden Ltd Board Meeting
Held online: 11th January 2021

Present: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Martin Spatcher, Antoni Pogozelski, JohnSissions, David Pipe, Heather Mallinder.Apologies: Saeed Kanuga.

1. Chairs Opening Remarks
KD welcomed attendees and wished everyone a Happy New Year. He advised those present that SK was unfortunately unable to attend and had given his apologies.

2. Minutes of Meeting 14 th December 2020.
KD informed the Board that he had made an error in the shop accounts regarding the sale of Honey. He will amend this in the published minutes. The minutes were then agreed as an accurate record of the meeting. Further Matters Arising from previous minutes.
None.
Action Points outstanding.
a) Repair to the fence adjacent to plot 72.Agreed: Ongoing and needs to be completed. – SK

b) Finishing the work to the clubhouse roof.
KD updated the meeting on progress. Don has added a new plywood sheetand sealed the edges, KD will monitor for any leaks. Since his bereavementDon has been granted more time to complete the job, but has assured KD he has ordered the sheet metal and will complete the work, together with the guttering next week.
Agreed: KD to monitor.

c) Construction of walkways to raised beds.

MS confirmed the walkways have been completed.

d) External wiring between office/main gate and greenhouse.

JS has contacted the electrician who is currently isolating, awaiting the vaccination. He will attend site once this has been achieved.
Agreed: Ongoing -JS.

e) Gating of green waste area.
As it is a job that requires more than one person it remains ongoing in the present climate. Agreed: Ongoing – All.

f) Installation of Wi-Fi mast.

Agreed: Ongoing- All

g) Purchase of engine hoist.
Agreed: JS to purchase and give invoice to RW for reimbursement

h) Replacement of upstands over the winter months.

MS reported that the work had begun. Ben has cut the angle iron to length with points at one end. They will be primed and painted later.
Agreed: Ongoing – MS

i) Repair to tap plot 74/58b with additional tap for the Chicken plot.

Agreed: As the work requires several people working together it will be put back until current restrictions are lifted.

j) Tidying of clubhouse.
Agreed: Completed thanks to JW. The items have been moved to the cabin.

k) Tidying of Office.
Agreed: Ongoing. KD has removed most of the rubbish and while doing so found the file for PAT testing.

l) Removal of rubbish from outside greenhouse.
Agreed: Ongoing. MS has moved the rubbish but it still needs to be disposed of when safe. KD / HM.

m) KHLG Ltd tax status.RW has spoken to the Solicitor who has advised that the Board employ a consultant as Corporation Tax is a very specialised area of work.
Agreed:
Prior to doing this KD will contact the Chartered Accountant that gave the original advice further information. Ongoing – KD/RW

n) Letters to plot holders with persistently unkempt plots.RW will send the letters out with the rent demands, also contact those people on the waiting list that have failed to respond to the email with a view to removing the names.
Agreed: Ongoing

3. Secretary’s Report
None. The role remains vacant.

4. Treasure’s Report

RW advised the Board that he had set up a PayPal account for online purchases. No. 2 account is low and will remain so until the rents are input in February. All direct debits are paid from this account and as there is no overdraft arrangement RW proposed that the money in the savings account be transferred as it is earning very little interest. The new company accounts will start to be used when the rents are collected.
Agreed – all
Balance as of 10 th January 2021
No.1 A/C – £ 12,904.05No.2 A/C – £ 1,668.93Savings A/C – £ 1,672.83
Cash & Cheques £265.69
Total £ 16,511.505.

5. Shop Report 

KD told the Board that there are 15 jars of honey left from the 39 for sale in the shop. This will probably be a ‘one off’ due to Bromley Beekeepers unable to hold their annual event where all of the honey is usually sold. 24 Jars so far has been sold (up until 8th January 2021) which has generated £24.00 to the association and this is banked as “Honey” in the Treasurers account.
Shop takings as of 10th January 2021£132.90
Agreed: Stocktaking to be done as and when circumstances permit. MS / HM.KD to pass 2020 list to MS for reference

6. Site Manager’s Report
MS submitted a written report confirming the front of the walkway for the raised bed has been completed and thanked JW and others for this work. It is constructed from wood chip laid over hexagonal grids on a membrane. It appears very solid and will allow for wheelchair access. The remaining walk way will be completed when circumstances allow. The board commented on the high quality of the work.MS has prepared a list of jobs that can completed by one or two volunteers unsupervised. It is displayed on the notice board outside the office. Any jobs completed should be reported to MS. The new greenhouse is complete and waterproof (almost) and shelves are to be added. Ben has reconnected the old electric supply to a new waterproof socket that has been tested OK with a RCD. A new greenhouse heater will be purchased, but because of the current lockdown MS proposes to propagate the chilies and peppers himself and pass to Emma later. Flowers can wait until late February.

7. Lettings Manger’s Report
Four plots are in good order and it is SK’s intention to organise individual viewings that are Covid-19 safe as soon as possible to get them let before they become overgrown.

8. Health & Safety Issues.
The Greater London area has moved into Tier4+ /5 restrictions due to the sharp increase in the R rate of Covid-19. The clubhouse has been closed and it is necessary to impose strict restrictions on access to all other communal areas. The toilets are to remain open. The Board would like to remind plot holders that it is a matter of individual responsibility to keep each other safe as it is believed that as many as one in three people now carry the virus, albeit asymptomatic. The current Government advice to reduce the incidence of this transmitting Covid-19 is to behave ‘as if’ you are Covid positive and follow the rules of: HAND – FACE -SPACE.
Thank you.

9. A.O.B
KD has received an Email from Amy Mallett of Bromley Council requesting information regarding communal plots. Agreed: KD to respond that unfortunately we are unable to help at this time.
KD announced he will be taking the responsibility of migrating the Draft Minutes to the Allotment Web page.
Agreed by all.
KD will be adding images to the web Page titled “Projects” – Raised Bed & Greenhouse construction.
Agreed by all.
KD concerned that there were 41 enquires on the web page not answered by dedicated Board members (RW,KD,DP). The issue to be resolved by finding why the Link is not activated by an entry.
Agreed: RW / DP
KD requested that payment for the Wi Fi be made through PayPal in future.
Agreed:
KD to see if 3Com (Router Supplier) will be able to change it as at the moment he has to pay and then claim it back from the Treasurer.
Agreed: KD to advise RWMS suggested putting the ‘Plotting Together’ communique on the Official Facebook page.
Agreed:
RWMS advised the Board that Julie T wants to get rid of her greenhouse. Anyone interested contact MS.
The meeting closed at 9.00 p.m.

———————————————————————————————————-